I have gotten really far behind on these blog award acceptance thingies! I am incredibly touched and grateful whenever I am nominated for an award by any of my fellow bloggers so please do not think that the lack of response from me means that I do not appreciate that someone has taken the time to read my scattered thoughts and opinions! I am humbled that anyone would consider my little corner of the blogosphere award-worthy. I love you guys! ❤
I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award in November by a blogger I really admire – Diana @ Brilliantly Novel. Please go and check out her blog – you will not be disappointed! Big thanks to Diana for thinking of me.
I was recently nominated for The Addictive Blog Award by the lovely Nagina @ OhBookish. A huge thank you to Nagina for the nomination – it really brightened up an otherwise miserable day *grumble* winter weather sucks! It’s funny that Nagina nominated me for this as OhBookish is definitely a blog that I would consider myself to be ‘addicted’ to – anyone reading this should definitely swing by for it is awesome!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person awarding you.
- Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started.
- Paste the blog award on your page.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers you feel deserve the award.
I was very honoured to be nominated for this award for the second time by Drown in Melancholy – a blogger I really admire (go and check out her blog right now)! It wasn’t too long ago that I did this so I am not going to specifically nominate anyone this time round (if you are reading this and haven’t yet done this, or would like to do it again, consider yourself well and truly tagged!) but I wanted to answer the questions that Drown in Melancholy asked. 🙂
I am totally speechless and completely over the moon because I have just been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Rosemarie @ A Reading Writer and Jasmine @ These Paper Words. Thanks so much to these two lovely ladies, I would urge anyone reading this post to check out their awesome blogs. I am very happy to be nominated for this (and just after being nominated for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award yesterday!) and a little overwhelmed if I am being honest (but in a good way). This really means a lot to me. ❤
EDIT: I was also nominated by Danielle @ Stories Unfolded – big thanks to Danielle as well! I am really grateful to have been nominated by such awesome bloggers. 🙂
Erin over at I Think I’m Obsessed just nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I was totally surprised but extremely happy to be nominated. Big thanks to Erin (go and check out her blog if you haven’t already – for it is awesome).
I have been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Amanda @ Amanda’s Nose in a Book and by Anna @ Anna’s Reading List! I was extremely happy to be nominated for this award by these two lovely ladies. 🙂
Amanda’s blog is one I have been following obsessively for quite some time. Anna’s blog is one I have only recently started following but I wish I had discovered it much sooner. I wanted to firstly thank both Amanda and Anna for nominating me and also to encourage anyone who may be reading this to check out their blogs – they are both awesomesauce!!
I have just been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Tiffany @ Beneath the Jacket Reviews! The Award is designed as an opportunity for smaller blogs to get some love and recognition, and I was very happy to have been nominated – it really cheered me up at the end of a really bad day! Thanks so much to Tiffany for the nomination.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts about Me:
- I have weird eating habits. I do not like mixing foods at all.
- My star sign is cancer.
- I am extremely clumsy (I never seemed to outgrow having skinned knees).
- I love 80s teen movies.
- I had all my wisdom teeth by the age of 14. I got them removed at 19.
- I am a night owl. I can usually be found still sitting up into the wee hours with a book (or lately my kindle!) in my hands.
- I love buying scarves.
- I am petrified of daddy longlegs. I will literally run screaming from a room if there are any in there.
- I enjoy playing RPGs especially games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout, and Skyrim. My blog name is actually derived from a character I played in my all-time favourite RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- I read my favourite book The Lord of the Rings when I was 9 years old and it really shaped my reading preferences. Fantasy is still my go-to genre even though I enjoy reading many different types of books.
- I am a big fan of Tegan and Sara and have seen them 3 times in concert.
11 Questions from Tiffany:
- If you could be a book character, who would you be?
- Which country would you most like to visit?
- Is there a book you have read that you could not stand?
- What about blogging do you find the most challenging?
- Who is your favourite author?
- Favorite book character ever?
- Do you have any pets? If not, would you ever want one?
- What do you do in your spare time other than blogging?
- What is your favourite movie?
- When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?
- What is your current occupation?
- I would really love to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I love her – she is so smart and has a great group of friends.
- I have always wanted to go to Rome (Italy). Someday I might get there!
- I really didn’t like Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I was seduced by the really pretty cover but I really didn’t connect to the characters at all.
- I am starting to get more into the swing of it now, but I really used to struggle trying to post on a regular basis. Sometimes I just seem to be quite uninspired and that can be hard to shake when it gets a grip on you.
- I have so many but overall I would probably have to go with Robin Hobb.
- That’s an easy one – the Fool from Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings series.
- No pets unfortunately. I would love to have one but my fiancé is allergic to anything with fur so that rules out cats, dogs, rabbits – the cuddly ones basically. I am a little bit nervous of reptiles so that is a no-go and fish seem to be quite a lot of work.
- I am a total movie addict so I spend a lot of time going to the cinema. I am also a bit of a shopaholic (especially for books). I enjoy socialising with my friends but I also really just love getting cozied up in the house.
- I actually have two and it is so hard to choose so I am just going to list them both: Dead Poets Society and The Thing (the John Carpenter version).
- I had to deliver a presentation at work which was really nerve-racking for me because I am really shy and hate people looking at me. I was proud of myself that I managed to do it though.
- I work in Administration – really boring but it pays the bills!
11 Questions from Me:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What would your superhero power be?
- Who would you like to play you in a movie about your life?
- What is your favourite book?
- Who is your fictional hero?
- Who is your favourite band/singer?
- Have you ever done something really daring (like sky-diving, bungee-jumping etc.)?
- What is your favourite television series?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
- Abbe @ A Lot Like Dreaming
- Amy @ Ode to Jo & Katniss
- Liberty @ Liberty Falls Down
- River & Sam @ Cherry Blossoms & Maple Syrup
- Christine @ The Moonlight Reader
- Brianna @ Brianna’s Bookish Confessions
- Patty @ ImaginativeMinds❋
- Helen @ My Novel Opinion
- Amanda @ Amanda’s Nose in a Book